- Program Considerations
- Classroom Strategies
- Levels of ESL Literacy
The purpose of the User Code of Conduct is to protect the ESL Literacy Network community and to set clear standards for interaction among community members. This code applies to all ESL Literacy Network users.
ESL Literacy Network by Bow Valley College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at Copyright@bowvalleycollege.ca. Tips for marking your work can be found at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Marking. Information on the supplied HTML and metadata can be found at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CC_REL. Thank you! Creative Commons Support firstname.lastname@example.org
To access Community features of the ESL Literacy Network, users will have to create a User Account. When you create your account, you must provide accurate information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You should keep your password secure. Notify the ESL Literacy Network immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. The ESL Literacy Network will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
The content and documents posted on the ESL Literacy Network contain hypertext links to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links are provided for the user’s convenience. The ESL Literacy Network does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of this outside information. It does not recommend any specific sites for any particular purposes. Additionally, the ESL Literacy Network in no way endorses any products or services which may be advertised on those websites. Note: some of the sites below may not be entirely permanent -- where permitted, you are advised to download and save a copy of any material you hope to reuse.
Users are responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, comments, materials, links, or other user-generated resources posted in the ESL Literacy Network’s Showcase, blogs and discussion boards. By making content available, you represent and warrant that:
- The downloading, copying and use of the content will not breach the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that user content posted to the ESL Literacy Network will not breach the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- In posting material to the website, you are granting permission for ESL Literacy Network users to copy and use materials for educational purposes.
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- The content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, or other harmful or destructive content;
- The content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing).
While users are encouraged to explore the ESL Literacy Network and form an open dialogue with all users; harassment, profanity, and inappropriate conversations, content & links will be immediately removed at the administrator’s discretion. Users actively engaged in inappropriate activities on the ESL Literacy Network may be blocked without notice.
Violation of the User Code of Conduct may result in an individual permanently losing access to the password-protected section of the ESL Literacy Network website.
The ESL Literacy Network disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from visiting the website, or from any downloading any content on the website.
The ESL Literacy Network reserves the right to modify, replace, or remove any content posted on the website.
Acceptance of these Terms
By using and/or visiting this website, you signify your assent to the terms and conditions laid out in the User Code of Conduct.
Violation of the User Code of Conduct can result in losing access to the password protected section of the website, termination of user status and exclusion from the ESL Literacy Network’s online community. The ESL Literacy Network may terminate your access to all or any part of the website at any time, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the website.